UPDATE: Watch the GTA 5 Trailer World Premiere to work out if you think this rumor is true.
Thanks to an anonymous tipster we’ve got our hands on what could prove to be detailed information on Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5, GTA V). Whether it is true or not we’ll have to wait and see, so take this as a rumor, but so far the information provided doesn’t seem to be all that far out there.
According to the person behind this information they have an NDA with Rockstar which they have obviously decided to violate. Again this is rumor although could prove to be true in the future. Some of these bullet points might be considered to be spoilers. The quote below is SIC.
- The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian
- It takes place in San Andreas in the year 2012. The Mayan end of the world thing is parodied a lot because of this.
- You start out in Los Santos and are in your rivals turf. Varrios Los Aztecas after getting beat up and robbed
- The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea but I don’t want to ruin it.
- Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story and 32 player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC, PC also includes dedicated servers
- Pc comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they’ve shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4
- San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all become a bit bigger as well as much more detailed.
- Gang turk wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as 57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. The have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays too.
- In the end your protag dies once again just like in RDR. Afterwards you play as his brother who inherits the money.
- “The Money” I refer to comes from a massive drug trade that shits to San Andreas. It is fought over a lot throughout the story and it comes with lots of money. It has ties to your family so it becomes a bigger deal.
- The timeline continues off of GTA 4. It is reference a lot. I’m not really sure whether Niko dies but he’s mentioned at least twice.
- Car modding is back so is lowriding of course.
- There are 9 radio stations. It features a range of music. Some of the rap is new, some is old. There’s a better selection than GTA4 though IMO.
- Military has returned in the 5 star wanted level except they are referred to as the National Guard.
- Cover system is upgraded and players more smoothly
- The moral decisions you saw in GTA 4 have more effect on the story now. There are a total of 4 unique endings 2 bad, 2 good. Whether protag dies in all of them you’ll just have to figure out since the endings are actually pretty cool.
- More girlfriends
- Fun cheats are back!