Do you think DICE’s Battlefield 3 beta was a success? If their recently revealed numbers are to be believed, then why yes it was!
In a post in the Official Battlefield Blog, a handy-dandy graph shows off some of the beta’s most impressive stats – chief among them is the fact that over eight million players filled the Battlefield 3 beta servers in its ten day span.
Enough of that, we know you want to know more stats and here are a few:
- 19 million dog tags were collected and as the graph says, “That’s just more than enough for every single person in Shanghai, the world’s most populated city.”
- 47 BILLION shots were fired
- 1.5 Billion kills were registered – equal to 1/2 the liters of beer consumed across the world in 2011.
- 8,125,310 – the exact number of people who played in the beta.
To read more stats, go to the Battlefield Blog.
Were you one of the millions who participated? Not a bad showing, no? Add in the fact that a lot of people had trouble accessing the beta client and that it only ran for ten days should further bolster EA and DICE’s confidence in the game.
So you want to win a copy of Battlefield 3? Well then, you’ve definitely come to the right place!
What do I have to do to win?
Simply sign up to our forums and make a minimum of 10 non-spam posts to help contribute to our growing community. Once you have made your 10 posts, head on over to this thread and let us know that you want to be considered for the draw! We will be giving away 1 copy per 500 entries. If you want even more reasons to get involved; we’ll be giving away more games and accessories in the near future, and you’ll become part of an awesome community.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be 13+.
- Staff Cannot Enter.
- All eligible users must be signed up to and have a minimum of 10 posts on our forums and have posted in the entry thread.
- Competition closes 22nd October at 00:00 (GMT), a winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
- All countries can enter.
- Prizes will be given on winners preferred platform.
Winners will be selected at random from users who meet the entry requirements as of the closing date of the competition. Battlefield 3 is scheduled for release on October 25, 2011. Details will be taken from the winners as soon as possible, and we will endeavour to get the game to arrive on the date of release, however, in some cases this may not be possible due to local postal services as opposed to our efforts. This is obviously providing the title is not delayed by EA in which case we will provide the title when it becomes available.
So there you have it. Everything you need to do to win a free copy of Battlefield 3.